5.0 Safety Plan
5.1 Safety Plan
In order to minimize the occurrence of site accident, the provision of a safe working environment for workers to work is essential. Our company endeavors to make a zero accident record in each site. In addition to the above, the following safety precaution must also be implemented in achieving the minimization of site accidents.
1. Safety Induction Training would be conducted to all new employees by the Safety Officer prior to start any work.
2. Regular safety induction courses and toolbox talks would be arranged on site for operative and supervisory staffs and in particular for new workers.
3. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as safety boots, helmets, masks etc would be provided with workers.
4. All tools, plant, equipment and temporary facilities and all other items use to carry out the work should be in a safe, sound and good condition.
5. Alcoholic drinks and other substances, which may impair judgment, would be prohibited from the Site.
6. Investigation would be taken place to identify falling hazards and preventive measures would be taken immediately.
7. A notice would be erected to prevent outsiders entering to our work sites, “No Entry for Outsiders”.
8. First aid facilities such as a first aid box would be made available for in case of minor injury treatment.
9. In every work place portable water would be available through out the day sufficiently.
5.1.2 Safety Officer (SEO), Safety Patrol and Safety Meeting
In concern with the approach to continual reinforcement to safety measures, there would also be daily meetings held during the course of the works, where site safety matters would be part of the agenda. These meetings would focus mainly on highlighting the dangers associated with and the measures to be taken for the actual works being carried out at the time.
5.2 Traffic Control & Safety
All necessary measures would be taken for the safety of traffic during construction and barricades, sign boards, markings, flags, lights and flagmen would be provided and maintained for the information and protection of traffic approaching or passing through the section of the road under improvement.
6.0 Environment Control
1. Effort would be made to clean the affected road surface, i.e., brushed off, and washed off.
2. Every effort would be made to ensure no environmental pollution complaints from residents of the work area.
3. Environmental complaints would be registered in the complaint register as specified in the Environmental Implementation Action Plan.
4. Every effort would be made not to disturb prevailing surface water run off.
5. Water pool area would not be disturbed.
6. Water streams and water wells would be prevent from pollution. Equipment and vehicles shall not be allowed to wash in the drinking water wells or streams.
7. Noise p
Pollution prevention effort would be made to minimize construction noise levels. Vehicles and equipments would be maintained in good condition in order to prevent from noise pollution.