In road construction it is necessary to know optimum water content for a soil for compaction. By Standard compaction test it is measured.Test Procedure
- Sample was split using sample splitter.
- Sample was passed through 20 mm sieve and 2 kg of soil was taken.
- Water until the soil gets stiffened.
- Put wet sample into mould and gave 25 blows by 2.5 kg hammer from 380 mm height.
- Procedure was done for 3 layers.
- Weight of the soil was measured.
- Another sample was taken from the same mixture and measured the weight of wet and dried (after oven dry) for moisture content.
- Pouring 75 ml water to the mixture, same procedure was done for 4 times.