Factors affecting for traffic control in a construction of road project will vary according to following conditions which are prevail. We have to decide traffic control arrangement according to suit different conditions in road construction project . When deciding what provisions for traffic are necessary the following factors should be considered –
• Width of the road formation – Is there enough room for the traffic and plant to operate safely and efficiently at the same time, can the shoulders be used for a second traffic lane .
• Traffic density – How much delay in construction is the traffic likely to cause and vice versa.
• Percentage of heavy vehicles – (remember things such as sugar or grain harvests).
• Terrain – Shape and composition of the ground – e.g. black soil, rocky outcrops, swamps.
• Seasonal – Shape and composition of the ground – e.g. black soil, rocky outcrops, swamps.
• Seasonal influences – Wet season, drought (water shortage).
• Safety – job employees and the public.
• Time – Comparison between alternatives.
• Cost – Comparison between alternatives.
Above mentioned factors affecting for traffic control in road construction project can be vary with special situations and that should be decide to suit all the site conditions.